Monday, July 21, 2008

Raegs Late Summer Reading Recommendations

Hola my friends!
Most of you know that I am a pretty avid reader. I have started compiling a list of books that I love and think that you should too! Here's the deal with reading. It's all about finding a genre that you like. I have even converted my friend K-Jo a self-proclaimed "non-reader". She can obviously read she "just doesn't like to". Well, that is no more my friends! She not only borrowed one of my books last Thursday and finished it over the weekend she actually bought a book today! Yippeeeee! Shelly, my dear sister-in-law you can do it too. There is a reader in there somewhere we just need to find her.
So, without further ado, I present my working list of Raegan's Reading Rainbow. That was a shout out to Lavar Burton just in case some of you young folks didn't catch it.
Author: Jen Lancaster, http://www.jennsylvania.com/
Holy crap! Jen Lancaster is seriously one of the funniest people ever. Honestly, Jen, we
need to hang out. Anway, here are her books and if you don't read them you are totally
missing out.
1) Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered
Smartass, Or, Why You Should Never Carry a Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office.

2) Bright Lights, Big Ass: A Self-Indulgent, Surly, Ex-Sorority Girl's Guide to Why it
Often Sucks in the City, or Who are these Idiots and Why Do They All Live Next Door
To Me?

3) Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover if Her Life Makes Her Ass Look
Big, or Why Pie is Not the Answer.

Author: Laurie Notaro
Laurie's stuff is very similiar to Jen's. They are memoir style and hilarious.
1) Idiot Girl's Action-Adventure Club: True Tales From a Magnificent and Clumsy Life.
2) Autobiography of a Fat Bride: True Tales of a Pretend Adulthood
3) I Love Everybody (and Other Atrocious Lies)
4) We Thought You'd Be Prettier: True Tales of the Dorkiest Girl Alive

So there you have it. It's obviously a work in progress and there are definitely more titles and authors to come. Enjoy!

No comments: