Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Experiencing New Things

2 posts in one day! Can you stand it!? Obviously I have a lot going on....
So, I am all about doing new things. A couple of weekends ago me, my mom and my seastar (sister) went out to the Great Salt Lake for Learn to Row Day. Believe it or not they have a rowing club out there and it's pretty fun. It kicks your butt but that's why everyone that was there to represent the club looked pretty amazing. Now, you can't just hop in the boat and BAM! you're a crew-star. First we started on land on the rowing machines (standard gym fare). Then we moved on to the boxes with paddles. Once we made sufficient fools of ourselves we got enough of the hang of it to move to the water. Yikes! I would like to take some more lessons so that I can go out on my own or with my peeps. Plus my legs could maybe return to their glory days. Trust me, they used to look really good.

Gettin' Our Row On

Graduating to the Boxes



I could probably go a lot faster if my gut weren't in the way.....



Mom and Al rowing with the instructors.



Part Two of our Saturday of Newness: The Stihl Timbersports Series
Don't act like you don't know what I am talking about. Have you ever bee n cruising the TV stations and come across the Lumberjack games? Yeah....that's right, I got to see it in person! It was quite fun to watch and amazing that nobody cut anything off with the way all the sharp axes getting thrown around. Did I mention there was outstanding people watching as well?


Speed Climbers are Insane!



Really? I mean, Really?

1 comment:

Mia said...

I love that you went and learned how to row. How cool is that?! Looks like good times. Glad you didn't see any dismemberment.